Model: Storm V2
Since we first introduced the Schaffer Replica EX “Tower” our customers’ most popular request has been for us to create a pedalboard-friendly stompbox with the same circuit. Well, you spoke and we listened! To our loyal fans who have waited so patiently, we proudly introduce the SoloDallas Storm.
The BASS-X features a 100% analog signal path that is nearly identical to our EX Tower which has become the secret weapon of bassists Sting, Rudy Sarzo, Pino Palladino, and a growing list of low frequency legends. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers four interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every bass configuration and genre of music. The BASS-X is far more than your typical boost pedal. The combination of overdrive+boost+limiter+EQ make it a studio grade signal conditioning unit, perfectly tuned to accentuate bass frequencies.
- Gain knob controls our signature clipping circuit that simultaneously bumps crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for adding punch and growl to the bass guitar. The harmonically rich effect produced by this frequency enhancing gain circuit will open the door to the luscious bass tones heard on timeless recordings by Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Kiss, The Grateful Dead, and the many other legends who originally used this vintage analog device.
- Boost knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 31db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This optical analog circuit naturally evens out the audio signal going through the pedal's circuitry, resulting in unparalleled string separation, percussive attack, and copious harmonics. Limiting is commonly used by mastering engineers to transparently raise overall level, without the risk of clipping and distortion generally associated with gain increases. Sensitivity of this effect may be fine tuned for different pickups or adjusted to give your instrument a compressed or sustained attack.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Commercial Grade PCB
- Heavy Duty Footswitch
- Blue LED when effect is engaged
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9vDC Center Negative Power Supply or (not included)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Made in USA