Hi-Fives is our new regular mini interview feature where we pester the folks behind the brands we carry with some rather pointless questions. To get things started for the first edition we reached out to JHS Pedals' founder Josh Scott.
Top five circuits of all time
- Boss DM2
- Ibanez TS808
- Klon Centaur
- Fuzz Face
- Pro Co RAT
Top five best things about running your own company
- Freedom to do whatever I feel creatively
- Seeing it grow
- Employing other people
- Learning how bad I suck at certain business things
- Finding people to get on my team who are great at the above things I suck at
Top five rumors you’ve heard about yourself/company
- All our stuff is made in China
- All our pedals are clones
- I am a selfish tyrant
- That I am tall
- That I enjoy winter NAMM
Top five guilty musical pleasures
- Yacht rock. Anything involving Steely Dan, Micheal McDonald and or Christopher Cross “Sailing”
- Old Country.. Like really old….
- Tears For fears
- Really bad Bluegrass
- 90s Rock. All styles, shapes and sizes
Top five foods you’re scared of
- Squid (things from the ocean with lots of arms….
- Raw Chicken
- Chewy meat in general.. Meat should be hard or soft, not chewy.
- Tofu… I dont understand.
Top five favorite albums
In no particular order (I had to do 6, should have done 20 ;-)
- Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music For Airports
- Oasis - Whats The Story Morning Glory
- Spoon - Transference
- The National - Trouble Will Find Me
- Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
- Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Top five things to spend five bucks on
- A Book
- An old vinyl
- Five Guys Burger
- Getting my kiddos a little something
- Taking my wife out for the cheapest date ever
Top five things about Kansas City
- Centrally located
- Great family city
- The Royals possibly not sucking and going to the world series again sometime in the next 10 years?
- 4 Seasons. Winter / Summer / Spring / Fall are all textbook here.
Top five websites you frequent
Shop JHS Pedals