Maker: JHS Pedals
Model: Emperor V2
In 2014 we brought you the Emperor V1, a 100% Analog Chorus/Vibrato with Tap Tempo. Now in 2018 we are proud to bring you the Emperor V2!
There are two ways to look at the JHS Pedals Emperor Analog Chorus/Vibrato pedal. The Emperor V2 is a vintage-correct effect that absolutely nails the hard-to-find sound of the Arion SCH-1...but its also a do-it-all modulation solution whether you want a subtle sheen, convincing rotary simulation, or seasick vibrato. It utilizes a Bucket Brigade 3207 chipset to deliver the warmth of ‘80s-style analog chorus pedals and we've added enough onboard and outboard control to put you in command of every aspect of the Emperor’s voice. Whether spreading its warm tones or icy sheen to a pristine-sounding stereo rig... or utilizing an external expression pedal to cop realistic rotary speaker sounds on a blues gig, the Emperor can do it all.
So much modulation
We call the Emperor an analog chorus/vibrato. That’s just because calling it a true analog chorus/pitch vibrato with tap tempo/waveform selection/rotary speaker simulation/true stereo output/and more pedal would have been a pain to write every time.
- The glorious tones of a real-deal, 3207 chipset bucket brigade topology
- Mini toggle switch selects between chorus and vibrato effects
- Three available waveform types (sine, square, and triangle)
- Intuitive controls for Volume, EQ, Speed, and Depth
Updated Tone Shaping Capabilities
Making a good thing better? Yes please. The Emperor V1 had a Tone control which has now become the EQ control in the Emperor V2. We've replaced the passive tone control in the V1 with an active EQ control that functions as a Tilt. You'll now have much more tone shaping capability in the V2. The overall EQ control is much improved in the Emperor V2 and you will not lose any low-end sometimes commonly found with chorus/vibrato pedals.
In-depth tempo control
To control the rate of the Emperor’s effect, simply turn the Speed knob up and down or tap the tap tempo footswitch. Or for the more adventurous among us...plug in an expression pedal for variable control in real time. And you can even slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Control the rate with the onboard Speed knob or tap tempo footswitch
- Internal Tap/Exp mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (works great with our Panther Cub Delay and Unicorn pedals).
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
A few extras
You knew we would throw in a few extra features for you, didn’t you? Of course we did. When designing the Emperor, we conveniently and inconspicuously tucked in stereo output and the ability to select between buffered or true-bypass operation.
- Plugging TRS splitter cable into the output jack is all it takes to wring true stereo output from the Emperor
- Internal switch changes from buffered to true-bypass operation**
- High-quality buffer helps drive long cable runs and in-depth pedal setups while restoring high-end loss
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA.
There are a lot of penguins out there but only one Emperor.
Maker: JHS Pedals Model: Whitey Tighty compressor Condition: New : JHS Pedals is proud to present the Whitey Tighty compressor, our take on the classic effect that no one may ever know...
Maker: JHS Pedals Model: Active A/B/Y Condition: New : The JHS Pedals Active A/B/Y is the perfect solution when you need to send one signal to two outputs with the ability to choose...
Maker: JHS Pedals Model: Summing Amp Condition: New : The JHS Pedals Summing Amp gives you the ability to take two inputs and blend them into one output. Simply plug into...