Model: Doom Bloom
Description: The Doom Bloom reimagines Algal Bloom with new controls, more lows, more fuzz, bite, mass and more available headroom. It's stupid with lows and menace! Designed to hold together and retain clarity with lower tunings.
- Bloom is Bloom...it's fuzz+gain+definition. It increases gain and note separation.
Rather than going mushy or washy, it holds together pretty nicely when cranked. I
think it holds up well with lower tuning because of this.
- Head is headroom. As you turn it right, it becomes less clipped, but also louder
and more open (favoring transistor fuzz over clipping diodes). So while turning
right reduces how clipped it is, it also increases mass. So it does some big
thunderous chords. Really works with big menacing chords...it lets you get this
full-spectrum mass attack that's pretty cool.
- Body (Body and High work together). Body shifts a huge amount of lows in/out of
your sound...but leaves your highs totally in tact. (Unlike Tone controls that make
you choose either [bassy and dark] OR [bright and thin]). Body also adjusts
- High lets you then control your highs, separate from Body. Set your lows and
fuzziness where you want it, then adjust your highs.
- Open is a switch, adjusting clipping and transistor biasing...it adds/removes
extra clipping and compression. It controls texture, lets you choose whether you
want crunch with just-a-hint of gate, or whether you want things wide-open. The
Headroom knob works regardless, but this switch is kind of a pre-shaper control
that's pretty effective in getting clipping where you want it.
|• True-bypass switching.
• Top-mounted jacks.
• 9v negative tip adapter power (No batteries.)
• Rugged aluminum enclosure (4.7" x 3.7")
• Lifetime Warranty.
• Handmade in the USA.
Maker: 3Leaf Audio Model: Chromatron Condition: New : The Chromatron is the result of 10 years tweaking, refining and reimagining the state variable filter circuit. It is an optically-controlled analog filter that...
Sold Out - $219.00 USD
Maker: 3Leaf Audio Model: Doom Fuzz Condition: New : Doom turns the idea of a fuzz pedal on its head. It responds to your playing dynamics to generate vintage synth-inspired sounds. Strong...
Sold Out - $229.00 USD
Maker: 3Leaf Audio Model: Octabvre Mini Condition: New : The Octabvre Mini is a modified and miniaturized version of the Octabvre that was designed for bass player and effects guru Tim Lefebvre....